Updated March 8, 2021
In support of International Women’s Day, the BCEA challenges you! #ChooseToChallenge
As many of you know since the start of the year, the BCEA has already been challenging our industry on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We don't want to stop there so we added another layer to conitnue down the path of equality.
The BCEA Women’s Network is creating a drive to support Dress for Success Vancouver. The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
How can you help us support this?
Option 1 - Due to limitations of COVID-19, we have scheduled an appointment to do one drop off next month (April). So for the month of March we are asking that you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a drop off location of profession attire that we can donate as an association.
Option 2 - If you prefer to donate cash we suggest you visit their donate page at https://www.helpingwomennow.ca/donate/ and simply send us an email that you participated so we make sure you or your organization is recognized at the end of the drive. This option also gives you an official donation receipt.
Option 3 - You can donate on our IWD Challenge payment page on our website and we will send in all the cash donated when we drop off the clothing to them next month!
Click here to make a donation now!
- Women in Leadership Virtual Round Table
- Global Economic Outlook Webinar
- Own Your Own Voice Webinar
- Work Life Balance Webinar
- Following up with members during COVID-19
- Vision Board and Intention Setting Evening
- Welcome and Introduction Wine and Cheese Night
- An Evening of Mentorship
- Women’s Nine and Dine (annual event)
- Safety in the Workplace (Self Defense course)
- The Art of Networking
- Stress and Organizational Management
- Round Table – Workplace Conflict
- Cooking Class
- Worklife Mobility – Relax, Refresh, Recharge
- Wine Tour – Richmond & Kelowna BC
- Annual Year End Get Together
- THRIVE Summit
- Think – Data Driven World and We Can Learn From It Catherine Roome, President & CEO, Technical Safety BC
- Help – Gaining Mentors and Becoming One Stephanie Reitsma, Owner, Sweetheart Events
- Relate – Stories, Challenges, and Solutions Nathalie Pilon, President, ABB
- Inspire – Different is Better; Address and Overcoming Bias Heidi Rolston, Vice President of Learning, Diversity and Inclusion, Hootsuite
- Validate – Diversity in the Workplace Annabelle Cormack, President, Cormack Recruitment Ltd.
- Embrace – Awaken your Feminine Power Anar Lalani, RN BScN CPMHNC MN
We are always looking for committee members to help us plan our events and to help us plan the direction of the network. If you are interested, contact Barbette Igonia at 778-386-4747
Check back soon as we will be providing information/support links soon!