COVID-19: What’s new (visit WorkSafeBC for up todate information you will require)
- Province-wide restrictions (Nov. 19): Mandatory masks, worker health checks, sports and recreation, gyms and fitness centres, faith-based organizations, party buses and limousines, extracurricular activities for youth, more info.
- Inspections and consultations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Health and safety information in other languages
- Reviewing and updating your COVID-19 safety plan: A guide for employers
- Revised Entry-check poster for workers and Entry-check poster for visitors
Information on BC Province Wide Restrictions
- PHO order on province-wide restrictions
- Events and social gatherings
- Restaurants and bars
- Athletic activities
- Mask requirements in indoor public settings
- Travel advisory
Government of Canada Information - Canada's Response
- Economic and financial support (for individuals and businesses)
- Border measures and travel
- Support for Canadians abroad
- Digital tools and apps
- Public education
- Health care preparedness, guidance and ethics
- Diverse communities
- Helping people who use substances
- Research and technology
- Clinical trials and sponsors
- Drug and medical device supply monitoring
A message from our President & CEO - During this time of uncertainty, it is important for our industry to stay safe and stay informed with the ongoing changes during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a fluid situation that changes daily and hourly.
There is much we can do as an industry to help plank the curve. Continue to encourage your team, your customers, and your families to practice social distancing as provided by the CDC. There is timely information regarding COVID-19 on the Government of Canada website and our Provincial Government website. We will continue to post relevant information on our website to help you and your business.
The BC Electrical Association is working hard to stay on top of the developing situation. I want to commend our members for the outstanding measures they are taking to help make our community safe. Our members continue to service the construction industry that BC’s economy relies so much on. You still see members of our community working hard during these turbulent times.
There are many messages coming through on how each of us can help out. Any information you would like to share or any services you would like to provide the community, can be sent to us (email@example.com) and we will post accordingly.
We recently did a short poll on current distributor procedures and hours. A general overview will be posted on our new COVID-19 page.
It is encouraging to be part of such a dedicated community that is passionate about what they do and who they service. I fully believe that we are stronger together. I ask that you continue to send relevant information to us so we can keep everyone informed and stay as close to business as usual during these difficult times.
Barbette Igonia, CAE
President & CEO